In Rhodes, unlike other Greek areas transportation by taxi is not charged by the meter, but there is a fixed tariff per destination.
All taxis have a radio paging system and there are taxi stations located throughout the island. Taxis can also be pre-booked by phone with a small extra fee.
Rhodes has more than 400 taxis currently servicing the island. The taxi rates are considered cheap in comparison to other European countries.There are several taxi stations around the town if you are more than a group of 4-5 this option is perhaps the best. There is usually a member of staff at the taxi rank calling out a taxis destination in order to fill up the taxis to their full extent, do not hesitate to get into the taxi if you your destination is called as someone else will not hesitate to jump the queue. Book online here!
Central Station (Mandraki) Tel. +30 22410 27666
Radio Taxi Tel. +30 22410 64712 / 64734 / 62179
Afandou Tel.+30 22410 51777
Archangelos Tel.+30 22410 24111
Faliraki Tel.+0030 22410 85444
Ialysos Tel.+30 22410 92515
Lindos Tel.+30 22440 31466
Paradisi Tel.(Airport)+30 22410 81461
Disabled Tel. +30 22410 77079
Please note that it is not possible flag a taxi down on the street but only in theTAXI stations.
In the city of Rhodes TAXI stations are located at:
- Hristoforou, Patriarch of Alexandreia, Sq. (Mandraki)
- Ritsou Str. (Ano Ilioupoli)
- Apostolou Pavlou Str. (Analipsi)
- Ethnikis Antistaseos and Th. Sofouli Street ('Arapaki' Parking Lot)
- Dimokratias Ave. - 'Epta Vagies' Sq.
- Canada and Tiliakou Street
- G. Kostaridi Sq. (Agiou Nikolaou Sq.)
- Navarinou Str. (OTE Club)
- October 28th and Orfanidou Str.
- Aleksandrou Diakou Str. ('Thermai' Sq.)
- Medieval City Sea Gate (Marine Gate - Kolona)
- Stokholmis and Konstantinoupoleos Street
- Rodou - Lindou Str. (IKA)
- Papanikolaou Str. ('Grand Hotel')